Profectum Foundation records most of our conferences and other sessions and makes them available as webcasts so that they can be more accessible to a larger audience. Webcasts are available as subscriptions lasting 6-months.
COMPLETE CONFERENCE WEBCASTS
Conference webcasts allows subscribers to view all recorded presentations from the conference.
- Overcoming Barriers to Progress: Vital Pathways to Advance Development – New York City , October 23-24, 2013. This conference helps you understand the barriers to progress and “how to” move forward through case discussions, examining underlying processes, hands on workshops, and the opportunity to learn how to interact and play with your child using the techniques of Floortime to promote progress.
- Three Dimensional Thinking in Autism and Stress Related Disorders: Expanding Frontiers to Advance Development for Children Across the Lifespan – Pasadena, April 12-14, 2013. Keynote presentations feature leading researchers sharing their latest findings, as well as clinicians and educators pioneering state-of-the-art multi-dimensional intervention approaches for children, adolescents and individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and other special needs. The role of stress-related disorders either secondary to an individual’s special needs or the result of early childhood trauma and the impact on development and well-being will be explored.
- Engaging Autism: Exploring a Common Ground between the DIR model and ABA – New York City, October 21, 2012. This conference aimed to expand the scope of ASD intervention by exploring the common ground and complimentary relationship between the DIR model and ABA approaches.
- Autism Solutions: Pathways to Progress – Chicago, July 13-14, 2012. This conference focused on using the Foundational Capacities for Development (FCD™) and the Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship (DIR model) based model to build a comprehensive intervention plan.
- Autism Solutions: Pathways to Progress – New York City, September 25, 2011. Profectum Foundation's inaugural regional training conference welcomed parents, clinicians, educators, early intervention specialists and others interested in broadening their understanding of the DIR model and the Floortime model, with other integrated treatment approaches.
Individual webcasts are available to subscribers wishing to learn more about specific topics.
- Pathways to Progress: Essential Experiences to Advance Development the DIR model and the Foundational Capacities for Development (FCD). Serena Wieder, PhD, Clinical Director, Profectum Foundation
- Engaging Autism: Developmental Implications for Intervention. Connie Kasari, PhD
- Intensive Developmental Interventions for Young Children with Autism: New Evidence. Richard Solomon, MD
- Integrating ABA and Developmental Approaches. Joanne Gerenser, PhD
- Discussion Panels: Broadening the Scope of Intervention. Profectum Faculty: Ron Balamuth, PhD; Gilbert Foley, EdD, Sima Gerber, PhD, CCC, Christie Virtue, PhD, Avital Balsam, MA, CCC, SLP along with Guest Parent
- When Development Stalls … Does the Intervention Fit? The Foundational Capacities for Development (FCD™) and the Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship based Model (DIR model). Serena Wieder, PhD, Clinical Director, Profectum Foundation
- Pathways to Progress: Integrated Perspectives. Serena Wieder, Lynn Gonzalez, Monica G. Osgood, Tal Baz
- DIR model/Floortime model Functional Emotional Development Levels 1-4. Lisa deFaria, LCSW & Griff Doyle, PhD
- DIR model/Floortime model Functional Emotional Developmental Levels 5-9. Lisa deFaria, LCSW, Griff Doyle, PhD & Monica Osgood
- The P.L.A.Y Project. Richard Solomon, MD
Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy
- Sensory Integration and Individual Differences: Synchrony of the Sensory, Emotional, Social Triad. Rosemary White, OTR/L
- The Dyadic Space - Where Affect and Sensory Merge. Tal Baz MS, OTR, Rosemary White OTR/L and Rebecca Shahmoon Shanok, LCSW, PhD
- Looking Beyond Communication – A Case Study. Sherri Cawn, MA, CCC-SLP; Caroline Ferguson MSLP(C), CCC-SLP; Beth Osten, MS, OTR/L; Diane Selinger, PhD
- Social Thinking and Communication: Bridging Developmental and Cognitive Behavioral Strategies. Cortney Grove, MA, CCC-SLP and Jerri Krantz, MA, CCC-SLP
- Comprehension: Let’s Make Meaning. Linda Cervenka, MA, CCC-SLP and Michele Ricamato, MA, CCC-SLP - Speech and Language Pathologists and Co-founders of Soaring Eagle Academy
- The Paths to Language: Knowing When To Teach What. Sima Gerber, PhD, CCC
- The DIR model in the School Environment: How the DIR model has been integrated into two distinct school settings (one public, one private) . Moderator - Monica G. Osgood | Panel - Linda Cervenka, MA, CCC-SLP; Michele Ricamato, MA, CCC-SLP; Christene Seminaro, M.Ed; Diane Selinger, PhD; with Jennifer McKenna-Hein, OT and Brenna Kelly from Soaring Eagle Academy
- Education: Using an Integrated Approach in Pre-school and Elementary School Programs. Monica G. Osgood
- Education: Using an Integrated Approach in Middle School, High School and Young Adult Programs. Barbara Kalmanson, PhD and Monica G. Osgood